A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
– session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
– persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
– first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
The cookies we use allow us to see:
– The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our Website;
– The type of Internet browser and the operating system of the computer you use to access our Website;
– The date and time you visit our Website;
– The pages you visit on our Website;
– The pages you shared on social media and to which social media network;
– If you linked to our Website from another website, the address of that website; and
If you were referred to our Website from a search engine, the address of that website and the search term you used to find us. Any data processing that occur while using cookies used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication and/or strictly necessary to perform the services you required is based on Article 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
In case personal data is processed in the course of using cookies and/or similar technologies that are used for other purposes, e.g. improving our website or marketing purposes, the processing is based on Article 6 (1) lit. f GDPR and represents our legitimate interest in maintaining our user base, bringing new users to the Website and informing (potential) users about services organized and provided by Westport Consulting.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see www.allaboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Website and some services and functionalities may not work.
Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent the future collection of your information when you visit this Website.
Further information can be found under https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
LinkedIn Insights and Ads script
We may from time to time use LinkedIn Insights or Ads Script. Provider of this tool is the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierling Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. This tool helps us to track conversions, retarget website visitors and improve our website. You can learn more about LinkedIn Insight under: https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/blog/linkedin-b2b-marketing/2017/how-to-unlock-value-with-the-linkedin-insight